IIT Post Grad: When the going gets tough! Do you really care??? :D

I heard this in a movie and it really hit me... So those of you who feel like you are in the dumps in Grad school or as we in India call it Post Grad studies (MTech), do read...

You feel like you've lost your passion for research, but maybe you've forgotten how to be passionate about anything! Graduate school is as much about finding truth in research as it is about finding truth in yourself.

How come a person doesn't get stressed?

It's easy in research to get tunneled vision, to feel isolated, like your the only person with your problem. Your not alone. But whenever I get stressed I simply ask myself this question: "Do I really care? Would I rather be doing anything else? You're not a machine. You have to embrace the things your passionate about. Every great idea, every great moment of eureka came when it was least expected. Apple, Google, Facebook, Newton and gravity, Einsteins theory of relativity... These things all happened when they weren't doing what they were supposed do be doing, it happened when they were following their passion.

-The Phoenix... Rising from the ashes! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fix Missing Serial/Product Numbers for HP Laptops

Using Windows Store (Windows 8) Behind a proxy